Monday, August 10, 2015

The Audition That Determines It All

On 8/8/15 I had gotten up at about 6 am to drive to LA for an Open House at a performing arts school. It was such a great college (AMDA-The College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts)! I had such  great time meeting actual Actors, Directors, Choreographers, and many others!! I unfortunately did not get pictures with the 2 I had actually seen before. It made me a little upset, but I put that aside because it felt like such an honor to be sitting in front of them.
Then, on 8/9/15, I had gotten up again at 6 am to drive back to AMDA for my audition. At AMDA, you have to audition to be accepted into the school. I am auditioning for the Acting program to get my BFA in Acting (Bachelor's in Fine Arts). So, for that audition, I had to memorize 2 monologues and write 3 essays. It was worth it, but I didn't really memorize my monologues. So, I improved my dramatic monologue, but my comedic I did good on. There were a lot of things that happened in the months of me wanting to audition... In meaning, I reconsidered auditioning. But I'm happy I did it in the end. But, now I have to wait for a response which should be in about 3-4 weeks. I just need to turn in my letters of recommendation!!! 
Wish me luck/ Break a leg!
-the writer

No comments:

Post a Comment